No place for a small child

I AM in my mid-thirties. I, together with my wife, live in a 30-year-old public housing estate. I really want to have a baby but I can't.

I can't have a baby because my home is too small, only about 110 square feet (no living room, dining room or bathroom), and I am sharing an outside toilet with another household.

I am not entitled to exchange this for a bigger flat because our income has exceeded the limit set by the Housing Department (that is, I am a ''well-off'' tenant paying double rent).

Furthermore, for the past five years I have failed in the draw for the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS), despite the fact that I am allowed to use the ''Green Form'' and prepared to accept a remote area such as Tin Shui Wai in Yuen Long.

I am not eligible for the newly-introduced scheme aimed at helping the sandwich class purchase their own flats.

If no priority had been given to ''Green Form'' holders I would have bought a flat five years ago. Now I can't because property prices have soared so high.

Only after the implementation of the 70 per cent mortgage ceiling, have property prices begun to drop. So please, Mr Banker and Mr Property Developer, for the sake of my baby, stop urging the Government to relax the mortgage ceiling.