The Buildings Department is considering legal action against whoever is held responsible for a fatal accident during the demolition of the Lee Hoi Factory Building in San Po Kong. Factory worker Leung Wai-yee, 51, was killed on November 9 when she was buried by masonry which fell from the building on to a bus on which she was travelling. Yesterday the inquest took a new twist when site worker Chow Kin-on, 28, testified he had directed the traffic to a lane further away from the building while the wall was being demolished. But the bus driver ignored the direction and drove back into the closer lane after passing a cone Mr Chow had placed in the middle of the road, he said. The wall then crashed on to the bus. This version of events was later disputed by bus driver Cheng Yun-hoo, 48, who was called back to the court after Mr Chow's testimony. Government structural engineer Chiang Wai-leung told the inquest yesterday that his department would forward a report on the tragedy to the police. The bus carrying Leung had stopped at a red light at the junction of Tai Yau Street and Choi Hung Road. Mr Chiang said the Buildings Department believed the Buildings Ordinance was contravened during the demolition work and would take legal advice. In his report, the engineer said seven openings that had been drilled for debris clearance in the roof slab had probably caused existing cracks in the parapet wall to widen and loosen an already weak bond between the wall and the roof edge. Mr Chiang also found an incorrect method of demolition had been used when site supervisor Luk Wai-shing, 39, pulled a portion of the wall inwards with cables. It had also deviated from the government-approved proposal stating that the wall would be knocked down layer by layer, he said. Coroner John Saunders will give his judgment today.