KENNY Dalglish has hinted that he was pushed out of Ewood Park. Speaking for the first time since leaving Blackburn, the club he led to the league title only last year, the 45-year-old Scot said that the decision to leave his post as director of football at Ewood Park was more the club's than his own. Blackburn announced on Wednesday night that they and Dalglish had parted company by mutual consent. But Dalglish, who had been with the club for nearly five years, first as manager and then for the past 15 months as Director of Football, has intimidated otherwise. In a telephone call to the Lancashire Evening Telegraph in Blackburn from his holiday home in Spain, Dalglish said the club had instigated his departure, although he admitted he had been of the same opinion. He confessed to being 'sad' at leaving Blackburn after taking them from a mid-table Second Division position to Premiership winners inside four years. Former Liverpool boss Dalglish stated: 'It is the first time I have been unemployed since I left school - by someone else's choice. We came to the same opinion, albeit the club came to it a little bit earlier than me.' He said he had been happy with the Director of Football role, adding: 'The job description applied at the very beginning and we have never tried to alter it. 'I thought it was important that Ray Harford should have total control of football matters and I would offer advice when asked. 'If no-one asked, I never opened my mouth. I have stayed out of the way and let them get on with the job. The club thought it had run its course and I came to the same conclusion. 'I don't have any axes to grind and I don't have any plans. I have no regrets, but there is always sadness about leaving and there are a lot of good people at Blackburn. 'What happened was good because there were improvements every year and it brought an awful lot of pride and satisfaction to a lot of people, to Blackburn and to myself. 'There are a lot of good people there, but the most important ones are on the pitch.' Dalglish's comments follow those of another former manager of Blackburn, Dave Mackay, who blasted the Ewood Park board for keeping supporters in the dark.