The Director of Public Prosecutions said the fraud case against New Zealander Aaron Nattrass would continue despite calls from the defence that charges be dropped. Peter Nguyen QC told the South China Morning Post the Crown had no intention of stopping the prosecution of Nattrass 'at the moment'. Mr Nguyen said the Crown would fight for Judge Brian Caird to step down following allegations he was subjected to political pressure from two colleagues. He said he would insist on the move even though it would cost further time and money. Defence lawyer Paul Harris yesterday accused the judge of holding too many secret discussions with counsel. Mr Nguyen agreed it would be better for matters to be dealt with in open court so everything could be put on record. The Crown had intended to put forward reasons why the judge should stand down yesterday. But Judge Caird adjourned the case because he wanted to seek medical attention. After the hearing, Mr Harris called on the Crown to drop the charges against Nattrass. He said: 'The case has been going very badly for the prosecution and Mr Nattrass has produced some powerful evidence that they are wrong.' Mr Harris had earlier declined to see Judge Caird in his chambers, saying he wanted matters dealt with in open court. The lawyer said it would be a 'devastating blow and a grave injustice' for Nattrass if Judge Caird was to step down from the case. The judge was 'very fair', he said. 'I do not now believe Mr Nattrass could have a fair hearing before any new judge.' Nattrass, 34, has denied 35 charges of obtaining property by deception, evasion of liability by deception, uttering forged documents with intent to defraud and conspiracy to defraud. The hearing will resume on Tuesday.