Efforts to hammer home the fire safety message have fallen on deaf ears at the Government's civil service training centre. The Post yesterday found fire doors wedged open on two floors of the Civil Service Training and Development Institute in Sheung Wan. A worker said officials were ignoring the rule which the Fire Services Department had been at pains to stress in the wake of the Mei Foo fire. The centre teaches management skills. Although there are double fire doors, one door on each floor was wedged open with rubber stoppers, even though notices warn workers to keep both shut. The worker said: 'I think the doors are wedged open to make it easier for people to go to the toilet. They teach effective management, but they can't even see this basic problem. This should not happen.' Fire officers said the open doors at Mei Foo Sun Chuen created a chimney effect which suffocated victims. The institute's director was unavailable for comment last night, but a Civil Service Branch spokesman said the matter would be looked into. 'We are very concerned about this. Government departments should not set a bad example to the community. We will have to find out more about this situation,' he said. A Fire Services spokesman said officers would today inspect the 17th and 18th floor offices in the Wing On Centre.