An amusement park stunt in which six people including a child and a baby were locked in a room with thousands of poisonous snakes ended yesterday - with one of them being bitten by a cobra. Lei Ansheng, 31, was bitten on the finger shortly before the group came out of the room where they had spent 100 days with 38,888 snakes. Mr Lei needed treatment from a doctor. The owners of Flying Dragon World, in Panyu, Guangdong, aimed to set a world record by putting the six - Mr Lei, three women aged 21 to 26, a three-year-old girl and a boy of six months - in a sealed glass room with the reptiles. The park was criticised by Hong Kong human rights activists after the six were repeatedly bitten. One-third of the snakes were selected for the stunt because they were poisonous. A park spokesman said the performance had been a success. He said the group was cheered by the many visitors to the park when they emerged from the cage. The snakes were to be kept in the cage for display purposes, he added.