Dharmala Holdings says selling its mainland loss-making poultry and food processing business will allow it to grow more quickly in the medium to long term. The group sold 80.27 per cent of the poultry division to its Singapore sister company, retaining the remaining 19.73 per cent as a strategic investment. Dharmala, which is engaged in car-park management, industrial plastic and chemical manufacturing, agri-trading and financial services, yesterday reported attributable profit of $59.3 million for last year. Group managing director Bernard Pouliot said the territory's strong stock market had continued to fuel growth, with half of the profit generated by its financial services division. The poultry business registered a $54.49 million operating loss, against a $5.86 million loss in 1995. Mr Pouliot said the poultry business was dependent on loans from the World Bank's International Finance Corp for further development.