A policeman's naked wife suffering from 30 per cent burns was saved from a blaze when a neighbour hoisted her out of her 17th-floor home in Chai Wan to the flat above. Siu Mei-kuen, 36, was having a bath when the paraffin stove in the kitchen of her home in Hiu Fung House, Fung Wah Estate, exploded. A resident on the 18th floor heard her cries and lowered a rope and pulled her to safety. Fire-fighters broke down the door and put out the blaze. Ms Siu was taken to the Eastern Hospital where she was listed in a poor condition. Her husband was at work and her two children - a boy of 10 and a four-year-old girl - were at school at the time.