THE widow of an engineer killed by an explosion at Castle Peak power station is hoping an inquest set for April 19 will clear her husband's name. The inquest is scheduled to last two weeks and a host of expert reports on the cause of the August 28 blast, which killed Mr Wong Kwong-yu and Mr Yip Kar-pui, will be reviewed during the hearing. China Light and Power, which operated the plant, has conducted its own investigation and it is believed the report will form part of the hearing. The investigation found that a combination of factors had contributed to the explosion, but did not comment on any human error. Company officials said yesterday they would attend the hearing if requested. Results from an investigation co-ordinated by the Fire Services, Environmental Protection, Electrical and Mechanical Services, and Labour departments will also be made public during the inquest. The Government report suggested similar findings as China Light and Power's, but stressed there were also differences. Mrs Wong To Sau-heung said yesterday she hoped the hearing would help ensure the reputation of her husband. She and her three children have been living in uncertainty since Mr Wong's death. Mrs Wong believes that there are people who still think her husband was partly responsible for the blast. ''This is the opportunity for us to get his name back,'' she said. ''The Government told us last time their report was different from the company report, but they did not tell us what they were.'' Results of the Government report were not released in February despite a request from legislators. The Secretary for Security, Mr Alistair Asprey, said doing so would be prejudicial to the inquest. Meanwhile, a China Light and Power spokesman said that all compensation had been paid out to the widows. An offer has been made to the families for them to stay for seven years in the company quarters. The company would also adhere to any court ruling on payments, the spokesman said.