Organisers of this month's Carlsberg Cup Lunar New Year series have accused Nigeria of disrupting their plans because they delayed in confirming their participation in the annual soccer extravaganza. Organisers had hoped to invite former French midfield maestro Michel Platini, president of the France 98 World Cup organising committee who is in Singapore for Football Expo 98, to conduct the drawing ceremony last month. But they have had to postpone it to tomorrow because of the Nigerians' delay in confirming their participation. 'Nigeria have spoilt our plans,' said Carlsberg's Derek Currie. 'We had invited Platini to conduct the draw sometime in December. Unfortunately, because of Nigeria's delay, we have had to postpone the draw to Friday. 'Platini is busy with the Expo in Singapore and has a very tight schedule. It is unlikely that he can come. 'And we also had invited the SAR Chief Executive Mr Tung Chee-hwa but that also fizzled out.' However, Hong Kong Football Association (HKFA) deputy general secretary Miranda Yu said last night they were still trying to get Platini to the ceremony at the HKFA headquarters in Homantin. Nigeria are joined by Chile Asian giants Iran and the Hong Kong League XI in the January 28 and 31 tournament at the Hong Kong Stadium. Although Nigeria's participation was announced in November, Currie said they only recently confirmed they would be coming. 'We had problems with Nigeria. We had sent them an ultimatum pushing them to give us an answer as soon as possible,' Currie said. 'But they did not come back to us until recently. Their coach Bora Milutinovic has assured me they would come with the best players he could obtain. 'Milutinovic said he had been attempting to call up the Nigerians playing overseas. We should receive their team list any time, hopefully before the draw tomorrow.' Chile have also pencilled in a 25-man squad to be cut down to 22 later on. 'Chile have included 12 of the 14 who played in the last World Cup qualifying match against Peru. They are coming with their strongest side,' added Currie. There is confusion surrounding a newspaper ad offering executive suites at the Hong Kong Stadium. An advertisement appeared yesterday in the South China Morning Post and Sing Tao Daily saying the Stadium has executive suites available for four events, including the Far East Club Championship from February 17-24. However, according to the HKFA, the six-team tournament, which features top clubs from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Russia and South Korea, will now be held in Guangzhou or Shanghai. A Stadium spokeswoman said yesterday they were aware of the change but decided to go ahead with the advertisement.