THE agent of two Vietnamese cargo vessels seized by Chinese Public Security Bureau officers after leaving Hongkong waters this week will seek help from the Security Branch to get back their ships. Security Branch officials, meanwhile, have said they will approach the local branch of the New China News Agency for details of the incidents, despite the fact that they took place outside Hongkong waters. A spokesman for Sunnix Maritime Company said that Zhuhai Public Security Bureau officers had also intercepted two of its vessels last month, but appeals to the Chinese for assistance and information on why they had been seized had been ignored. He said the latest two ships to be intercepted, which were seized just off Po Toi Island, had all the correct export documents. Both were carrying a cargo of electrical goods and cars worth about $2 million each. The first vessel, the Vietxo O1, bound for Haiphong, was seized at about 10 pm on Tuesday night about a mile off Po Toi. The second, the Vietxo 04, bound for Ho Chi Minh, was stopped by armed Chinese police who came alongside it at about 1 am yesterday. There were 27 Vietnamese crew on the 696-tonne Vietxo 01, and 26 on the 496-tonne Vietxo 04. In the past week at least six Vietnamese vessels have been seized either in or soon after leaving Hongkong waters. A Security Branch spokesman said there was little it could do if vessels were seized outside Hongkong waters, as the Chinese had a legitimate right to stop vessels. Meanwhile, the head of Vietnam's Maritime Department has said that three Vietnamese vessels seized between Hongkong and China from March 23 to 27 were taken by pirates.