Home-buyer interest has shown signs of picking up in the wake of the Government's announcement of a rescue package to revive the declining property sector, but prices are unlikely to surge, estate agents say. Agents said the announcement on Monday had renewed interest among investors, who had started buying properties, including new home units which previously had gone unsold. Transactions were reported at Henderson Land Development's La Cite Noble in Tseung Kwan O, Sino Group's Villa Oceania in Ma On Shan and its Majestic Park in To Kwa Wan. Kean Chan Kee-man, sales supervisor of Midland Realty's Tseung Kwan O branch, said about 10 La Cite Noble flats were sold through property agents yesterday morning, but the figure could not be confirmed by the developer. Mr Chan confirmed that the sales were sparked by the Government's newly announced rescue package for the economy, and the property sector in particular. It is understood that Sino Group sold 15 units yesterday. They included units in The Regalia, Classical Gardens, Majestic Park and Villa Oceania. The agents said that despite the improved sales response, developers so far had not increased the prices of remaining flats. Centaline Property Agency sales director Louis Chan Wing-kit said some developers had refused to cut unit prices. Mr Chan said Sino, after the Government's rescue announcement, had declined to further cut prices for its Villa Oceania project in Ma On Shan, which was selling at an average price of $3,500 per square foot. Buyer sentiment also improved in the secondary market yesterday. According to a survey conducted yesterday by property agent Fortune Realty, nearly three quarters of the 265 potential buyers interviewed believed home prices had reached bottom and said they would consider entering the market. Of the 317 flat owners who were interviewed, 68 per cent said they would be firmer in bargaining and cut the discount they would accept on their asking prices from 10 per cent to 5 per cent. About 27 per cent of respondents would adopt a 'wait and see' attitude, the survey revealed. None of the home sellers had plans to revise upwards asking prices, it said. Mr Chan, of Centaline, said his company received more inquiries from buyers, although transactions were limited. He said potential buyers should take more time to consider the impact of the measures. Mr Chan said the market was unlikely to see a rebound in secondary home prices in view of the large volume of unsold primary flats on offer. He said: 'There are no signs to show that secondary home prices are going to jump, and we are not expecting to see this happen.' Some owners had raised asking prices, but he believed it would not become a trend. Centaline's assistant sales manager in Taikoo Shing district, Douglas Yeung Kin-man, said the branch had contacted 300 landlords, of whom only about 10 decided to raise asking prices up by 3 to 5 per cent. The other landlords wanted to dispose of properties as soon as possible, taking advantage the positive news, Mr Yeung said. He said in view of the large supply of primary flats coming on the market, landlords of secondary flats had no bargaining power to increase their selling prices.