CUSTOMS officers allegedly brutally beaten by more than 10 policemen in a Hunghom restaurant have accused the Complaints Against Police Office (CAPO) of stalling the investigation into their case. An identity parade has still not been held nearly two months after the February 17 incident. Mr Yeung Hak-kwong and Mr Tang Kwok-leung have accused CAPO investigators of deliberately delaying the parade to reduce their chances of recognising their assailants. The two said they were angry that while they still faced the threat of possible criminal charges and had to have their $5,000 bail extended for the third time last week, their alleged assailants were on the beat. The head of CAPO, Chief Superintendent Ian Nicholson, denied allegations of stalling in the ''top priority'' case. He said an identification parade had not been scheduled because it was not yet deemed necessary. CAPO's initial investigation report has been completed and passed to the Legal Department for advice on whether to charge any police officers. Legal advice is also pending on whether to prosecute Mr Yeung and Mr Tang. The case hit the headlines when the victims made their allegations public at a press conference organised by the 1,900-strong Hongkong Customs Union, showing off swollen faces, bruised eyes and extensive body bruising. While both men are now back at work, Mr Yeung is still receiving treatment for injuries to his back and chest. The beating took place after customs officers tried to intervene when they heard someone shout ''police beating people''. They had earlier seen several policemen push a man against the wall outside the Hunghom restaurant, and went out to identify themselves as customs officers, but were told not to interfere. ''Shortly afterwards, police officers rushed in and demanded an identity check before handcuffing and beating the two of us,'' Mr Yeung said. The customs officers, who were off duty at the time of the incident, claimed they were handcuffed and then punched, kicked, beaten and prodded with torches and batons by more than 10 uniformed officers of the Kowloon East Emergency Unit inside the restaurant. The two men and five friends were arrested and taken to Hunghom police station. They claimed more beatings on the way left them almost unconscious. Mr Yeung said they were not given a reason or told of their rights before the attack and arrest. The men lodged their complaint with CAPO, and Police Commissioner Mr Li Kwan-ha ordered an immediate investigation into the incident. Chief Superintendent Nicholson yesterday said ''given the importance of the case and the publicity it received, it has been given top priority''. He added a special team had been formed to investigate. But Mr Yeung and Mr Tang believe it has already taken CAPO far too long. They are concerned they will not be able to recognise the officers involved. ''The later it gets, the more difficult it will be,'' Mr Tang said. He called for a speedy conclusion to the CAPO inquiry, and for a decision on the charges pending against himself and his colleague. ''It is very difficult having this hanging over us. My parents have been very upset and worried about my injuries, and about the case too,'' Mr Tang said.