A teenager was handed a knife and told to chop people at a games centre, a court heard yesterday. The Court of First Instance heard Wong Tak-yip, 17, was among a gang which attacked 44-year-old Tsui Chi-ming outside a Tai Po games arcade on October 30 last year. Wong and his co-accused, Cheung Ping-wong, 32, pleaded not guilty yesterday to intentional wounding. Mr Tsui told the court he was sitting outside the Tak Lee Games Centre in On Chi Road at about 10pm when he was attacked by four or five knife-wielding men. 'I tried to run away but they were surrounding me. They started attacking me with knives,' he said. '[They slashed] my back, my arms, my hands and my head. I didn't know what was happening. Then I fainted.' The attack left the former construction worker in critical condition, prosecutor Shawn Kelly said. 'He suffered multiple chop wounds and massive blood loss. You may believe the injuries were so severe that had he not received prompt medical treatment he would almost certainly have died from the loss of blood,' Mr Kelly told jurors. Mr Tsui was permanently scarred by the attack and cannot use his hands properly. Wong told police under caution that he 'just had a part in going there but I didn't take part in the chopping', the prosecution said. Mr Kelly said: '[Wong] said [another man] asked him to get on board a vehicle at Tai Po. He gave him a knife and told him to 'chop people at the games centre'.' Wong was later arrested and led police to where he had disposed of the knife, the court heard. Cheung was arrested on April 1 and told police under caution he had only driven the vehicle. But he was identified by Mr Tsui as one of the men who had attacked him. The case continues before Mrs Justice Verina Bokhary.