Mainlanders given the right of abode by last month's ruling said they were untroubled by today's court hearing brought by the Government. Catholic priest Father Franco Mella, who represents about 350 mainlanders, said the overstayers were calm as they understood the hearing did not directly affect them. They would keep a low profile until the end of the judicial review hearing regarding deportation of 17 overstayers, Father Mella said. 'This is all a big game of which we are only a small group. At the right time we will raise our voices,' he said. Father Mella said he was optimistic about today's proceedings and urged the Government to face the problem. 'I think the way both governments have acted, the Judiciary will perhaps be even more sympathetic towards the migrants,' he said. 'They continue to get figures and ask for clarification of the law. Instead, they should just speed up the process of trying to get the migrants to settle here quickly.' He doubted the Standing Committee would reverse the judgment next month even if the court declined jurisdiction today. 'That would be bad for Hong Kong's stability,' he said. A further 26 overstayers surrendered to the Immigration Department yesterday. Meanwhile, 60 mainlanders who gave themselves up earlier to apply for release on self-recognisance were given second appointments. The overstayers will next meet on March 9 to find out from immigration whether they will be granted recognisance permits. The Law Society said yesterday it 'regards the Government's application for clarification unprecedented but accepted the Chief Justice had the power to make rules relating to the practice and procedures of the Court of Final Appeal'.