Pro-democracy activists have accused the Urban Council of hindering their plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the June 4 massacre. The Hong Kong Alliance in Support of the Patriotic Democratic Movement in China said its applications to use Victoria Park football pitches for an arts fair on May 29 and 30 had been turned down. Alliance vice-chairman Mak Hoi-wah said: 'The aim of this move is to hinder the alliance's organisation of any commemorative activities. 'But they dare not overturn our application to hold a candle-light vigil on June 4.' Provisional Urban Council Recreation and Sports Select Committee member Suen Kai-cheong said recreation and sport had been given priority. 'This was decided by the whole committee. We circulated a letter asking for opinions. Szeto Wah [Alliance chairman] is also a committee member. 'Why did he not object to the arrangement? They only want to politicise the issue,' he said.