A refugee camp, reopened controversially after a riot at the Pillar Point camp, was closed again yesterday after the last of the Chinese-Vietnamese who took temporary shelter there left. A Security Bureau spokesman said all 30 Chinese-Vietnamese who had been staying at the New Horizons refugee camp in Kowloon Bay since June 17 had moved out by Monday night. The inmates were among 200 who first stayed at a Tuen Mun community hall after refusing to return to Pillar Point, where a riot between factions broke out on June 13. Secretary for Security Regina Ip Lau Suk-yee announced the reopening of the New Horizons camp, closed since March last year, after Tuen Mun residents asked the inmates to leave their community hall. The spokesman said: 'We appreciate the co-operative attitude of the Vietnamese concerned. They have kept their promise of taking only temporary shelter in the [New Horizons] centre.' She said it had always been the Government's objective to encourage the Vietnamese to become more self-reliant and lead a normal life. Officials are still working out a long-term resolution to their problems, including an option to give the boat people stranded in the territory permanent residency after seven years.