Police, security guards, medical experts and social workers will be on hand at a Sixth Form college to avoid a repeat of last year's chaos when hundreds of students rushed there to apply for places. More than 2,000 students are expected to flock to the Po Leung Kuk Vicwood K. T. Chong Sixth Form College on Tuesday following the release of Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) results. Last year officers from the Police Tactical Unit were called in as about 1,000 students and parents swamped the college in Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon. The college, the only aided Sixth Form college in Hong Kong, will offer 360 Form Six places in mathematics, business, biology and arts. Principal Darnay Chan Siu-kui said yesterday the school had learned a valuable lesson from last year and would adopt special measures to avoid a repeat of the chaos. The school would use classrooms from three nearby primary and kindergarten schools to handle admission. 'We have had three special meetings at Mongkok police station and they promised to help us maintain order outside the school. If necessary, police will seal off some of the streets,' Mr Chan said. 'Inside our school, we will hire private security guards. We also arrange for medical experts from the Auxiliary Medical Services to offer first aid. Hok Yau Club will also send social workers for counselling on the site.' Tents will be set up in the playground to help shelter students from the elements. Last year many students were soaked as they insisted on queuing despite downpours. Mr Chan appealed for students and parents to stay calm. He said admission was based on merit, not first-come, first-serve. He advised students to gather information on their favoured schools in advance. His school will open tomorrow for students to visit and familiarise themselves. According to the Education Department's Sixth Form admission procedure, students with 14 points or above in the HKCEE can apply to their own or feeder schools immediately after they get their result slips on Tuesday. Students can then apply to other schools that afternoon. The department has reviewed the procedure and ruled out central allocation for the whole procedure, saying schools and students should be allowed to do the matching. But this results in students scrambling for places.