A hot meal and not abuse was the cause of a burn injury on a child's thigh, a court heard yesterday. Chan Siu-mui, 51, minder of the six-year-old boy, told Eastern Court that on October 22 last year the child spilled a bowl of hot macaroni with bacon and sausages over himself in her home. The boy claims Chan and her son, Tsang Kar-lok, 25, caused the burn by holding a heated battery charger to his thigh. Chan and Tsang, both jobless, have pleaded not guilty to a joint charge of wounding. Dr Patrick Cheung Chi-hung, of United Christian Hospital, told the court the wound he treated last December was unlikely to have been caused by fried bacon. He said he believed the wound was caused by something like a hot iron. The trial continues before Magistrate Colin Mackintosh.