A woman who claims a neck operation left her paralysed and in a wheelchair condemned the Hospital Authority yesterday for discussing aspects of her case in public without her consent. Conny Chan Soo-sum, 32, also accused the authority of failing to give her adequate chance to attend meetings concerning her complaints. Ms Chan underwent the operation at Tuen Mun Hospital in March last year to cure neck pain. With Democratic Party support, she gave a press conference on Monday after complaining to the Hospital Authority. The authority had issued a press statement the same day reacting to her claims. 'The Hospital Authority didn't seek my consent before making the medical case public by sending out the press release,' Ms Chan said. Tuen Mun Hospital public affairs officer Eva Hui said: 'It is normal practice . . . we are just trying to be accountable to the public because it is our duty.' The press statement said Tuen Mun Hospital was pleased to arrange meetings with patients, but Ms Chan failed to attend set meetings twice. Ms Chan replied: 'The hospital set a time and date inconvenient to me and accused me of failing to turn up. 'This is so unfair. They only notified me about the meeting once.' She said she failed to attend because she had to go for a medical check on the day of the meeting. She had been notified two days before the meeting, but it took a week for her to book a rehabilitation bus. 'I am deeply upset with what had been said in the press release. I think I have suffered enough and I can take no more,' Ms Chan said. Ms Hui said she had been in contact with Ms Chan for a week to set up a meeting. 'Two choices were given to Ms Chan about the date of the meeting, and she failed to attend the meeting on either date,' she said. It had been suggested the meeting be held on either September 28 or 29.