A popular brand of television made on the mainland has failed safety tests. The Konka model K148 H was one of 16 TVs tested by the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department. It failed two tests: cord anchorage and fire-resistance. Its power cord came loose after being pulled and twisted in the test, increasing the risk of an electric shock. And flames spread quickly when the set's plastic case was ignited. Other models, mostly internationally known brands like Sony, Aiwa, Samsung and Philips, passed the tests satisfactorily and met International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) standards. Only one model received a minor warning on safety marking. The Rowa KR1418, also made on the mainland, did not have the IEC-standardised A/C (alternating current) symbol. Since 1998, the department has received 11 reports of fires suspected to have been caused by faulty television sets.