KADER Industrial (Thailand) has pledged to compensate all the victims of the Bangkok factory fire within a fortnight but may have problems getting enough money for the task. Executive director Julin Unaphum said an estimated 100 million baht (about HK$33 million) would be needed to compensate injured workers and families of the deceased and to lay off 2,200 workers. However, he said the company only had half of the money at hand since much of its accounts had been frozen by banks in Thailand. ''We are trying to work with our banks, work with our insurance company and also work with our shareholders on this figure,'' Mr Unaphum said. ''We are working with the banks to see if they can unlock our bank account and having the insurance company to pay some of them first. We are pretty optimistic about that. ''We will try to resolve it within 10 to 15 days with shareholders and other interested parties.'' Out of the 100 million baht, Mr Unaphum said 40 million would be used to lay off 2,200 workers. Mr Unaphum also revealed that he was facing charges of causing death and injury by criminal negligence from the Thai Government and is on bail pending a court appearance. ''I have to report to the police every 12 days. I haven't surrendered my passport so I was permitted to leave Bangkok to travel to Hongkong,'' he said. Mr Unaphum said he was prepared to go to jail as he accepted full responsibility for the toy factory fire which killed 188 workers and injured another 500 on May 10. ''I am prepared to go to jail. No problem. I will do everything I can to help the company,'' Mr Unaphum said. Mr Unaphum is also a director of Honbo Investment, which is owned by Thai investors associated with the Charoen Pokhpand Group. Honbo together with the wholly-owned subsidiary of Kader Holdings, Lyre Terrace, formed KCP Toys which holds an 80 per cent stake in Kader Industrial (Thailand). The remaining 20 per cent is owned by Taiwanese investors. Mr Unaphum said the company had already paid out 25 million baht in compensation. He said the families of the deceased were given seven months' wages and burial fees and would be interviewed to see how much more compensation would be paid to them. Injured workers have been paid 5,000 baht and would receive wages until they recover. Mr Unaphum said all medical bills not covered by the Thai Government would be met by the company. However, representatives of victims who flew to Hongkong to demand compensation from Kader Holdings said only about five per cent of the families who lost relatives have received compensation. ''We are demanding 300,000 baht for the families of the dead or severely injured, full coverage of medical expenses for the injured plus their full salaries until they return to work and 5,000 baht to every worker as a good-will gesture for loss of spirit,'' a spokesman of the Thai delegation said. ''We also want 400,000 baht for education costs of children who have lost parents and a further 200,000 baht to family members of dead or permanently disabled workers.'' Earlier yesterday the Thai delegation and 30 supporters demonstrated outside the Kader plant in Kowloon Bay. Calling for Kader to accept responsibility the demonstrators held aloft placards showing Dennis Ting Hok-shou - the group's non-executive chairman - in a ''wanted for murder dead or alive'' poster, and a crying Bart Simpson calling for compensation.