Civil servants and legislators joined 300 protesters who took to the streets yesterday to demand the Government amend the controversial Public Order Ordinance. Marching from Southorn Playground in Wan Chai to Central Government Offices, protesters again condemned the ordinance as an 'evil law' which had posed a 'threat' to unionists' movements and people's right to assembly. It was the third time in a month demonstrators had defied police warnings and had taken to the streets seeking the scrapping of the provision which requires police to be notified of marches of more than 30 people or assemblies of more than 50. In last week's march, Chan Wai-keung, vice-president of the Clerical Grades Civil Servants General Union, wore a mask to conceal his identity. But yesterday, he and four other union members decided to go public. 'I still feel under pressure about speaking up because I don't know whether the Government will take action against me,' said Mr Chan. Three legislators - Lee Cheuk-yan and Lau Chin-shek of the Confederation of Trade Unions and Emily Lau Wai-hing of The Frontier ignored criticism from Secretary for Security Regina Ip Lau Suk-yee and joined the march. In Beijing on Friday, Mrs Ip criticised lawmakers for trying to challenge the Government by joining student activists to denounce the law. The confederation and several unionists had received warning letters from police for organising assemblies without seeking police approval. The protesters urged the Government not to prosecute seven students involved in a rally on June 26 and to scrap the provision on notification. Peter Wong Tsan-kwong, deputy commissioner of police, said officers were not selectively enforcing the ordinance. In a statement issued yesterday, a government spokesman said again that Hong Kong was not the only place that required notification before public meetings and processions.