Updated at 2.08pm: A 59-year-old in-patient at Princess Margaret hospital apparently jumped to his death on Friday. ''No note had been found in the man's bed, but his son told the police that the man had been quite depressed recently due to business matters,'' a police spokeswoman said. Shortly after 2am, a member of hospital staff found a pair of slippers on the ground floor of block F of the hospital. The staff searched the hospital and found the man lying unconscious on the floor of the third-level basement. The ward supervisor recognised the man as a patient staying in the ward. The man, surnamed Chong, was sent to the emergency room where he was declared dead. He had been admitted to the hospital on October 25 for a drug overdose. Princess Margaret hospital could not be reached for comment.