A second alleged fraudster also claimed to be a son of former president Marcos, police said yesterday. Two Filipino men, aged 52 and 58, were among six people arrested at three hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui and Yau Ma Tei at the weekend over a suspected $284 billion gold reserves scam. Police were checking the identification of one of the men but believe he has no ties with the former president. An investigator said the man was not the same person wanted in the ICAC case. The pair were charged with breaching conditions of stay and will appear in Eastern Court today. Last night, a Singaporean woman and a Thai woman were helping police with inquiries. Two German men, aged 42 and 45, were also arrested. They were released on bail. 'We believe there are different international gangs who use the title [of son of the former Philippine president] to carry out their illegal activities. Investors should stay alert,' the investigator said. The suspected scam was unveiled after a man rang a bank on March 27 to arrange the sale of 4,000 tonnes of gold reserves worth about US$36.5 billion (HK$284.7 billion). Police said they had been told that one of the Filipino men used the 'son of Marcos' line. Officers are still investigating who was the target of the alleged scam.