The 600 employees of the Furama Hotel in Central have been told that the hotel will close on December 1 to make way for an office redevelopment. 'We will try our best to relocate some employees to the group's two other hotels,' said Mark Lee Po-on, director of Lai Sun Garment, parent of Furama co-owner Lai Sun Development. The other hotels are the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong and the Majestic Hotel. Mr Lee said the group would also help employees identify job opportunities at other hotels. It would offer an incentive scheme to encourage staff to continue working until the hotel's last business day - November 30. Lai Sun Development has a 35 per cent stake in the hotel while the remaining 65 per cent is owned by Singapore-based CapitaLand and New York-listed American International Group. A Furama Hotel spokesman said all employees would receive a compensation package in compliance with labour regulations. The Hong Kong Hotels Association has said the closure could force more than 200 Furama staff to leave the hospitality industry, as most hotels had reduced their head count. The Furama is to make way for a 430,000 square foot office project.