Updated at 4.51pm: Legislators have passed a resolution to condemn the Government's failure to consult Legco before announcing a plan to freeze sales of public flats for 10 months. The Government's proposal, announced by Chief Secretary for Administration Donald Tsang Yam-kuen last week, was also criticised as ''sidelining'' Legco and members of the Housing Authority, which is supposed to make the SAR's housing policy. One legislator also called for the resignation of Secretary for Housing, Dominic Wong Shing-wah. In an urgent meeting of the Legco housing panel on Monday, lawmakers of both the Democratic Party and the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment of Hong Kong criticised the Government for the lack of consultation before announcing the measures. Democrat Szeto Wah lambasted the Government for ''making policy in the dark'' and said officials only cared for the interest of property developers, while Ip Kwok-him of the DAB said the Government has ''disrespected'' the Housing Authority. Emily Lau Wai-hing, of the Frontier, said she was ''shocked'' that the Government has not consulted the legislature. ''If the Government carries on sidelining us like this, Legco should as well be closed for good,'' she said. Frederick Fung Kin-kee, of the Association for Democracy and People's Livelihood, called for Mr Wong's resignation. He staged a walkout afterwards in protest. A proposal condemning the Government was passed by six to five.