Ninety-eight per cent of Hong Kong people questioned in a survey said they were following news of the terror attacks in US either on television or radio. Virtually all those questioned said they were keeping up with developments on at least two channels. The survey was carried out by market research company Asia Market Intelligence. Fifty-eight per cent of women and 43 per cent of men said they feared world stability would be threatened after the attacks. A spokesman for the Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority said the authority had received 13 complaints in the past two days about coverage of the attacks, mostly about prolonged television footage. Cable TV yesterday defended its decision to place an advertisement in newspapers, including the South China Morning Post, showing an image of one of the hijacked planes hitting the World Trade Centre with the words: 'Cable News. Watch it as it happens!' Garman Chan Ka-yiu, vice-president of the company's external affairs, said the advertisement had been placed to encourage people to call a subscription hotline and divert a flood of calls to customer services asking for immediate connection following Tuesday's tragedy. Meanwhile, Hong Kong people have called the Hong Kong Red Cross and the Salvation Army, hoping to offer help to victims of the US attacks. The Salvation Army said it would accept donations. They can be made by cheque payable to The Salvation Army and sent to The Salvation Army, 11 Wing Sing Lane, Yau Ma Tei, or deposited at HSBC, account number 168-225530-001.