The mother of one of the passengers missing after Sunday's fatal bus crash in Sichuan accused mainland authorities yesterday of not putting enough effort into the rescue. Speaking from the province yesterday, the elderly mother of Leung Ming-suen, 38, said: 'It is not good enough to wait until now to launch a massive rescue. 'They should have put more effort into it earlier. Even now they have not done enough in the search.' The woman, who refused to give her details, said she had been unable to sleep since learning her daughter was missing. Immigration officer Chu Kwok-kwong, who arrived at the scene yesterday, said three pasengers were dead at nine still missing. Mr Chu had a meeting with mainland officials last night but they failed to say when the search would be completed. The Hong Kong China News Agency quoted the Sichuan Tourism Bureau as saying three more bodies had been found - which, if confirmed, would take the death toll to six. The accident happened near Maowen town when the tour bus, en route to Jiuzhaigou national park, plunged 12 metres into a fast-flowing river after being hit by a car. The bodies of the victims have been taken to a funeral home in Chengdu. The families of the three confirmed dead will each receive about $1.3 million compensation. Other passengers will each receive compensation of $23,599 and a full refund. Further compensation is being assessed. Survivor Wat Siu-kee suffered broken bones and remained in the intensive care unit of Sichuan People's Hospital yesterday. Two other survivors, Tse Chi-keung and his wife Chan Wan-seung, returned to Hong Kong by air yesterday . A Maowen Public Security officer said three special teams, totalling about 100 people, had been set up to carry out a search, along with 400 civilians. Eighteen people, including the mainland driver and a guide, were on the tour, organised by Kwan Kin Travel Services. Four Hong Kong people were rescued, along with the two mainlanders. Meanwhile, families of the passengers held an urgent meeting with local officials in a Maowen hotel early yesterday. After the meeting, the head of the Aba Tibet-Qiang Autonomous Prefecture, Huang Yushun, said the national tourism administration had planned to carry out road improvement work in the Jiuzhaigou national park. One driver in Chengdu, Wu Jaike, said most drivers were reluctant to take the route because the road was too steep. Mr Wu said it had been raining for 10 days before the accident. Nearly 20 family members joined in religious rites for the victims carried out by taoist monks along the Sichuan river yesterday morning. After meeting officials from the Sichuan Tourism Bureau yesterday, Travel Industry Council executive director Joseph Tung Yao-chung said the local government had agreed to step up traffic-police patrols especially on routes to major tourist spots.