Firemen yesterday suspended their search for bodies in the rubble of the Asian Trade Centre in Yau Tong, fearing a further collapse could jeopardise the lives of rescuers. Two workers were still missing after the body of Ikhlaq Qayyum, 26, was dug out from the rubble at 3.30am yesterday, bringing the confirmed death toll to four. On Sunday, firemen pulled out the body of Lau Yuet-shing, 37. Eight workers were injured when the six-storey building collapsed on October 28. Three men remain in United Christian Hospital in a stable condition. The search for bodies is expected to resume once two structures are demolished to make the site safer. Wat Ki-on, vice-chairman of the Fire Services Department Ambulancemen's Union, called a radio phone-in programme to complain that staff had been told to take the two bodies to Kowloon Public Mortuary. The work is usually assigned to the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department. Acting deputy chief fire officer (Kowloon) Fung Kam-wah said his senior officials would look into the complaint and make other arrangements in future. But a spokeswoman for the Fire Services Department denied any wrongdoing. 'We have to take into consideration the feelings of the dead workers' relatives at the scene and could not leave the bodies in front of them. So we assigned ambulancemen to remove them,' she said.