THE latest instalment in a long-running radio saga will bring succour to Hongkong's 100,000-strong Filipino community . . . well, sort of. Radio announcer Michael Vincent told P.S. last week he was to move his Philippines Sunday Night programme on Metro Plus to Saturday night. Readers will recall how the station offered him airtime when Commercial Radio axed his Tagalog-language show Halo Halo in March, after a run of four years. In its wisdom Metro gave Vincent the 9-11 pm time-slot, which caused consternation among members of Hongkong's largest expatriate population, because it clashed with Vilma Gardiner's long-running Mahbuhay on Radio Television Hongkong's Radio Three. However, Vincent's new Saturday programme, which starts this week and will be renamed Philippines Tonight Show , doesn't entirely solve the dilemma for listeners who want to hear both him and Gardiner. That's because Vincent will also host a second programme of the same name on Sunday evenings, which means it still goes out at the same time as Mahbuhay. ''My main talk-based programme will be moved to Saturday, which is what my advertisers and I wanted,'' he said. ''I originally took the Sunday slot because it was what Metro offered me when I left Commercial Radio. ''The Sunday programme will be almost 80 per cent music. I know it goes out at the same time as Vilma's, but her show has a lot of entertainment news, so I think we will attract different audiences.'' Gardiner told P.S. she had advised listeners to pair off, each record one of the programmes and to swap them when they next met so they did not miss out. With this latest news, it looks as if the tape cassettes will continue to be exchanged in Statue Square for some time yet.