EIGHT people, including a fireman, suffered from smoke inhalation yesterday in a fire caused by an exploding television set in a Kennedy Town flat. Three boys aged five, seven and 10 were taken to Queen Mary Hospital to be treated for shock. Police said the boys' parents, who saved their children from serious injury by shielding them from the smoke, were both admitted. They said a TV exploded into flames after short-circuiting in a sixth-floor flat owned by an old woman. The woman sought the help of a 16-year-old boy who lived next door. ''When I stepped into her living room, I saw bright flashes coming from her bedroom and I realised her flat was on fire,'' said the boy, identified only as Wong. Witnesses said chaos broke out when people in the streets below the 14-storey building in Queen's Road West saw flames shooting from the windows. Pedestrians dashed for cover as debris plummeted into a narrow alley. Queen's Road West was closed as firemen battled the blaze, which was under control by 2.30 pm.