A security review is under way at TVB after a former actor tried to air his grievances against the station during a live broadcast. Lee Man-piu, 38, gained access to the Hong Kong Coliseum, where the Gala Spectacular 2002 fund-raising show was taking place by saying he planned to donate $500,000 to the Po Leung Kuk charity. A television audience of about 1.5 million saw only a brief glimpse of the intrusion on Sunday night after veteran actress Dodo Cheng stopped Mr Lee in mid-sentence and asked him to get off stage. Mr Lee was tackled to the floor by two security guards - away from television cameras. Police were called and the three were taken for treatment at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. A police spokesman said no complaint had been received in connection with the incident. TVB's assistant general manager for television broadcasting, Stephen Chan Chi-wan, said the incident had given the station cause for concern. He said were it not for Ms Cheng's swift actions, 'he [Lee] would have said something more serious'. Guidelines for live broadcasts, particularly concerning security arrangements, would be reviewed, he said. He added there had been 13 security guards on duty at the time of the incident, six of whom were in front of the stage during the 2.5-hour programme. Mr Chan said Mr Lee had been a TVB artiste from November 1989 to October 1994, when his contract expired and was not renewed. During that time, he had been involved in two accidents on set while filming, for which he had been compensated, Mr Chan said, adding: 'We have done what we can for Mr Lee.' Kitty Yam Yuen-man, head of fund-raising for Po Leung Kuk, said she did not think the event had been affected by the incident. The organisation, which was hoping to raise $3.5 million during the live show, said the gala had been held annually for more than 20 years without a hitch. 'We will have a discussion with TVB to make sure that something like this won't happen again,', she said.