Two couples were found dead in their flats yesterday after inhaling charcoal fumes. In the first case, the bodies of Kwok Ki-wah, 45, and his wife, Tung Fung-kiu, 38, were found in bed in their 26th-floor flat in Yee Yat House, Tsing Yi Estate, Tsing Yi, at 2pm. A police spokesman said the windows and door of their bedroom had been closed and a barbecue stove filled with charcoal was found beside the bed. One of their two sons, 15, raised the alarm when he returned home after school. He told officers his parents had been separated for about five months and his mother had moved out. She had come to visit at 10pm on Tuesday and his parents went to bed an hour later. The second couple was found in a flat in Lung Lok House, Wong Tai Sin Lower Estate, last night. Police found a pot of burnt charcoal and the windows sealed. The man, 49, and the woman, 37, are believed to have died several days ago. Police said no death notes was found. Firemen broke down the flat door after police received a report from a man who said he believed someone had committed suicide in the flat. Earlier yesterday, a man, 39, tried to gas himself with charcoal fumes in another public housing unit in Tsing Yi.