A blaze that gutted the music room of Wan Yan College in Wan Chai yesterday is believed to have been caused by cooking. About $200,000 damage was caused to the room and musical instruments. The fire began shortly after 11am - an hour after a group of Filipinos completed their regular Sunday choir practice. Vice-principal Lau Wing-sum said choir members often cooked in the room, although they had been asked not to. He would not prevent them from using school facilities to practise but would impose a strict ban on cooking.