All victims of last month's earthquake in Xinjiang have been 'properly taken care of', Vice-Minister of Civil Affairs Yang Yanying said yesterday. Ms Yang said on the sidelines of the NPC that relief work had entered the rebuilding stage in Xinjiang's Bachu and Jiashi areas. 'Victims now have food and clothing. Every family has been given a tent,' Xinhua quoted Ms Yang as saying. '[People] in the affected areas are now in the process of re-starting production and rebuilding their homes.' At least 268 people were killed last month when the powerful earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter scale struck the counties of Bachu and Jiashi. Tens of thousands of people were left homeless. However, Ms Yang's assurance came as a 5.9-magnitude aftershock struck the same area yesterday. There were no immediate reports of new casualties, although the tremor was the strongest since the February 24 earthquake.