A nurse has been offered help and support after telling how he and his family have been ostracised since he contracted Sars while working on the intensive care unit at Princess Margaret Hospital. Readers wrote in after Leung Siu-hong, 32, told the South China Morning Post the public had treated health workers and their families 'like monsters'. Mr Leung caught the disease early last month after performing several high-risk intubations on Sars patients. He said his family faced discrimination after he was admitted to hospital on April 7. He was discharged on April 27. James Tadashi Osugi, president of Pacifex Investment, contacted the Post after reading the story and offered to help Mr Leung. 'I would like to make a donation to him and his family. We are all naturally concerned with the Sars outbreak and some of us would like to help the public with donations,' Mr Osugi said in an e-mail. Other readers wrote in about the discrimination faced by Sars patients and health workers. 'While trying to prevent any contact with patients with Sars, we should try to consider their feelings. Discrimination is definitely not necessary,' an anonymous reader wrote. Mr Leung thanked the public for the response but said he would not accept any donations or give any more media interviews. 'I am very happy to hear that so many people care about me but I think that these kind people should donate their money to children who have lost their parents to Sars or to people who are in need of financial support instead,' said Mr Leung. 'All I want is for my message about discrimination to be heard. Hopefully the public will change their views soon.'