Hong Kong's squad are still playing the waiting game. Although the World Health Organisation has lifted the travel advisory ban, a senior official said Ireland's ban remained in effect as Hong Kong was still on the Sars-infected areas list. 'This is a completely different thing to the WHO's travel advisory ban. Hong Kong is still on the WHO's Sars-infected areas list and our team could be under a ban until we are removed from this list,' explained Fay Ho Kim-fai, national director of Hong Kong Special Olympics. A 22-strong squad of mentally disabled athletes are waiting to hear if the Irish government will lift a ban imposed a fortnight ago, preventing Hong Kong from attending the four-yearly Special Olympics which starts in Dublin on June 21. 'I believe the WHO will only take Hong Kong off the Sars-affected areas list if there are no new cases in the past 20 days. The lifting of the travel advisory ban might put some pressure on the Irish government to allow us to take part, but I really don't know what will happen. All I know is that the Irish health authorities will meet tomorrow to consider our appeal. We had a video conference last week where we stated our position. I hope the decision is revoked. But as of now, we are still banned,' said Ho. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, China and the Philippines were all excluded from taking part in the Dublin Games which will attract more than 6,500 mentally disabled athletes from almost 150 countries. The ban on the Philippines was later lifted once the WHO removed the country from its Sars hit-list. At the last Special Olympics held in the United States, Hong Kong won 53 gold medals, 27 silvers and 13 bronzes.