Two cancellations open up Central for the candle-lit vigil Organisers of the 500,000-strong anti-Article 23 march on July 1 have been gifted more space to stage a follow-up demonstration in Central tonight - thanks to two cancellations, one from a pro-government group. Members of the Civil Human Rights Front are set to stage a candle-lit vigil near the Legislative Council building starting at 7.30pm to protest against the proposed national security legislation and to press for universal suffrage. They had been allocated Statue Square as the primary gathering point for their protest. But yesterday, the group's spokesman, Richard Tsoi Yiu-cheong, said police had told them groups supporting the legislation had cancelled their plans to stage their own rally under the HSBC headquarters in Central. Further, a handover celebration called 'Dance and Dance', which was to have been held daily between June 30 and July 11 at Chater Garden, had been cut short. A Home Affairs Bureau spokeswoman said the organising committee of the celebration had decided to cancel the last two days of the programme because 'the venue is not suitable for the celebration event any more'. Mr Tsoi confirmed that the Civil Human Rights Front had, as a consequence, moved its primary gathering point from Statue Square to Chater Garden, and still expected 50,000 people would come to the vigil. Once Chater Garden was full, he said the group would try to make use of the additional space. Police said Chater Garden, Statue Square, Edinburgh Place and the area below the HSBC headquarters can together accommodate about 15,000 people. Mr Tsoi said: 'Police said they have plans on hand if the number of participants exceeds the limit.' He urged all participants to wear white to tonight's gathering. Anyone wanting to travel via the MTR is advised not to use exits near Chater Garden and the Legislative Council building to avoid congestion. Buses will be rerouted to avoid Central.