Organisers say a protest tomorrow will signal to officials that its reclamation work must stop An anti-reclamation group has called on supporters to take to the streets tomorrow to show their backing for the preservation of Victoria Harbour. At the launch of the Action Group on Protection of the Harbour yesterday, organisers said they hoped 10,000 people would show up at a rally in Central, thereby sending a strong message to the government to stop filling in the harbour. The group questions the need for the Central-Wan Chai bypass project, which requires that 23 hectares of the harbour be reclaimed. It also announced that $1 million had been raised to support the cost of seeking a judicial review by another conservation group, the Society for the Protection of the Harbour, that seeks to halt the government's reclamation work. Mr Justice Michael Hartmann yesterday approved the judicial review only 22 hours after the writ was filed on Thursday and made an order for an expedited hearing. Meanwhile, the hearing date for the application to seek an interim stay, which would immediately put a halt to the dumping of tonnes of sand and rock into the harbour, has been set for Friday. The Action Group on Protection of the Harbour has called on the public to attend the rally tomorrow at 11am in Edinburgh Place, near Queen's Pier in Central, to show their solidarity against the government's reclamation plans as part of the Central-Wan Chai bypass project. The action group, set up by Central and Western district councillors and professionals, appealed to 'those who love the harbour' to don blue T-shirts and ribbons and demand the government halt the works until a full public consultation is conducted on which works are essential. 'We set up the action group because we want to make it known that the harbour does not only matter to Winston Chu Ka-sun, chairman of the Society for the Protection of the Harbour, but to all of us,' Kwok Ka-ki, a district councillor and group member, said. 'We ask people to come to the protest on Sunday with their children so that we can communicate to the government that it must stop the reclamation, consult us widely, revise the plans and then only carry out the minimum, essential work.' Mr Chu, an anti-reclamation activist who was also at the press conference, said donations had continued to pour in to fund the renewed legal battle against the government's plans, with $1,009,427.88 now raised. He said he had already written a cheque to match the funds. In Thursday's writ, Mr Chu said the government was in breach of an August court ruling in the society's favour, which found the government's interpretation of the Protection of the Harbour Ordinance was 'fundamentally flawed'. Mr Chu said yesterday he was pleased to learn the court had given the green light for a judicial review within such a short time of the filing of the High Court writ. 'I think we have broken all previous speed limits,' he said. 'All systems are go.'