Thirty-seven people were injured yesterday when a double-decker bus hit a central road divider in Yau Ma Tei and toppled over. Transport officials have promised a full investigation into the accident, along Route 961 from Tuen Mun to Wan Chai, the second serious crash involving a Kowloon Motor Bus vehicle in just over three months. In July, a KMB bus travelling along Tuen Mun Road left the highway after hitting a truck and plunged 50 metres, killing 21 and injuring 20. In yesterday's accident, the double-decker was travelling along West Kowloon Highway when it hit a cement divider and flipped over in Charming Garden, Yau Ma Tei. Witnesses said the bus swerved as if dodging another vehicle before it hit the cement divider. The injured were 16 men and 21 women aged between two and 69. They were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Caritas Hospital, Kwong Wah Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital. All were admitted conscious and 27 had been discharged by 6pm. Asked whether the accidents posed any safety concerns for the bus-travelling public, a KMB spokeswoman said: 'We treat each accident on a case-by-case basis.' KMB said the bus was commissioned in 1997 and had received routine maintenance on October 9. The bus driver, surnamed Wong, 49, who was among the injured, began his shift at 6.30am and was scheduled to be relieved at 4pm. KMB yesterday denied that driver fatigue had caused the accident. 'He has driven that same route for the last few years at the same hours,' the spokeswoman said. Secretary for Environment, Transport and Works Sarah Liao Sau-tung yesterday urged KMB to submit its report as soon as possible.