Transaction volume in primary and secondary residential markets has been dented as the government's property measures failed to stimulate buying interest, agents say. Realtors said the total number of deals clinched in the secondary market slumped 15 per cent last weekend compared with the preceding two-day period. About 470 first-hand units were sold last weekend, down 20 per cent from 580 the previous weekend, Citigroup Smith Barney said. Sammy Po, director of Midland Realty, said the government's announcement last week to prop up the market was 'nothing new'. 'The official announcement is only a confirmation of the government's adoption of these measures,' Mr Po said. He said tightening new flat supply would not have a short-term impact. 'It will take some time [for measures] to become effective.' Mr Po said the market also needed to take a breather as overall home prices jumped 10 per cent in a month. Last Wednesday, Secretary for Housing, Planning and Lands Michael Suen Ming-yeung unveiled more steps to control supply of new flats, including the delay in releasing 60,000 units by two railway companies until 2008. Land sales in the application list system - sites reserved for auction if developers expressed interest - would resume next year but on a limited scale. Mr Suen reiterated that the sales freeze on Home Ownership Scheme apartments was likely to continue.