Harbour Fest organisers last night issued an apology after American Chamber of Commerce chairman James Thompson said during a television interview that a US production company had been hired to film the musical event because Hong Kong did not have the talent or equipment. 'The Harbour Fest organisers would like to point out that Mr Thompson had mistakenly believed that the programme was entirely the work produced by an overseas company,' read the statement, issued by the organising committee of the Hong Kong Harbour Fest. 'In fact, both the crew and equipment used in filming the TV special are entirely based in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Harbour Fest wishes to apologise for the misunderstanding and any offence that may have been caused.' Media production professionals had reacted in anger to Mr Thompson's remarks, made on Sunday during an interview on Newsline, ATV's current affairs programme. He said US company InMotion Film was hired to film Harbour Fest because local professionals and equipment could not meet the high standards demanded of the promotion project. But last night the organisers' statement said that, in fact, Hong Kong company Video Channel Productions was contracted to provide the production equipment and crew during the filming. 'Harbour Fest has hired InMotion Film as the producer and director [because] it was determined a US-based firm was needed to make sure the TV special is tailored to fit the American TV market, which is the primary target audience.' It added: 'The organisers would like to express full confidence in the quality and professionalism of those working in documentary and media production in Hong Kong and apologise for any offence that has been unintentionally caused.'