The fate of an Australian man who disappeared shortly after he arrived in Hong Kong remains a mystery as both the police and Australian Consulate here continue their efforts to find him. Immigration Department records show Terry Hendicott, 47, entered Hong Kong last Tuesday from Macau. There are no records of him leaving Hong Kong. 'According to records he is still in Hong Kong,' a police spokesman said yesterday. 'And like other missing person cases, we will not close the case and treat the person as dead without further evidence.' Investigators from the police's Missing Person Unit said Mr Hendicott had left Macau for Hong Kong without telling his wife. The couple had been sightseeing in Macau with their two children and a babysitter, the police said. The Australian Consulate in Hong Kong is also looking into Mr Hendicott's disappearance. But public affairs director Tracy Hansen said there were no new developments in its search. Earlier reports from Macau claimed the man had left a suicide note before he disappeared. They also said Mr Hendicott had been working as an engineer for the Fisherman's Wharf project during his time in Macau. Mr Hendicott is described as 1.8 metres tall, of strong build and weighing around 79kg. He has a fair complexion and short brown hair. The police have urged anyone with information to contact the Regional Missing Person Unit of Hong Kong island on 2841 6348.