Five tourists from Hong Kong who were injured in a bus crash on the mainland were airlifted back to the city last night. The victims mostly suffered broken bones when the coach carrying 28 tourists from Hong Kong plunged off a three-lane highway in Shandong province. Officials from tour organiser Wing On Travel said the coach crashed down a two-metre embankment after swerving to avoid a truck on the road between Qufu and Jinan on Wednesday. Twenty-two slightly injured group members and the tour leader were flown back to Hong Kong early yesterday for treatment at Yan Chai Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital. The five group members who sustained fractured bones and bruises were admitted to Taian Hospital in Jinan for treatment, assisted by six medical specialists flown from Hong Kong, with one patient requiring immediate surgery. They arrived back in Hong Kong on a specially chartered flight last night. Speaking about her ordeal, one elderly female passenger said: 'The seats were all broken. One person fell on me. And one fell through [the window].' The woman was released from Princess Margaret Hospital after treatment for minor bruising. A speeding truck in the right-hand lane is believed to have driven in front of a container truck in the central lane. 'The container truck then swerved to avoid a collision ... and to avoid the container truck, the tour coach in turn swerved and drove down a slope,' Wing On Travel said. The executive director of the Hong Kong Travel Industry Council, Joseph Tung Yao-chung, said he was initially informed that the crash was not too serious but was then told that several people had been taken to hospital. 'Their first priority was to take care of all the passengers. The company then sent two senior executives to the scene of the accident and informed all relatives of tour members.' He said the company had decided to refund the full $3,000 tour charge to the tour group members.