Police yesterday warned they would take action against troublemakers at tomorrow's march to mark the June 4 Tiananmen crackdown, saying 300 officers would be deployed to maintain order. Police spokesman Chief Superintendent Alfred Ma Wai-luk issued the warning after the organisers voiced concern over the possibility of the first bloodshed at the annual event. Mr Ma said the force planned to use 300 officers to help maintain crowd control and road closure arrangements during the demonstration, in which thousands are expected to take part. 'We hope the public will exercise restraint and respect other people's rights to express their opinions peacefully. We will take action against those who break the law by causing disruption or disorder with malicious intent,' Mr Ma said. Police Commissioner Dick Lee Ming-kwai said he did not see the need to deploy a massive number of officers during the march, and added that the force had been in close contact with the organisers. Legislator Lee Cheuk-yan, vice-chairman of the Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movements in China which is organising the march, yesterday agreed that 300 officers would be sufficient. Asia Insurance, the family company of Bernard Charnwut Chan, who represents the sector in the legislature, has finalised the details of insurance coverage for the candlelight vigil in Victoria Park on June 4 and for the assembly before the march, which will also take place in the park. The procession to government headquarters in Central will not be covered under the agreement. The policy, which costs $3,500 for each event, provides $10 million coverage for third-party public liability but the organisers would have to shoulder the first $1 million.