Organisers of the World Trade Organisation's ministerial conference in Hong Kong next year have been warned the city cannot afford another Harbour Fest-style fiasco. The warning came during a Legco panel hearing as organisers presented a progress report on preparations for the event, which will be held between December 13 and 18 next year. Legco has already approved $256 million in funding for the conference, although some sponsorship from the private sector will also be sought. Wong Ting-kwong, deputy chairman of the commerce and industry panel, told the head of the ministerial conference co-ordination office, Janet Wong Wing-chen, that officials were under pressure to show taxpayers were getting value for money. This followed the controversy surrounding the use of $100 million of public funds to bankroll last year's Harbour Fest. 'We do not want people to see it as another Harbour Fest, which turned into a palaver,' said Wong Ting-kwong. Miss Wong said developing a public relations strategy was one of the co-ordination office's top three priorities. The others were security and arranging accommodation for the 11,000 delegates, journalists and non-governmental organisation representatives expected to attend the six day event.