Updated at 7.24pm: An attempt by two public housing tenants to stop the Housing Authority from privatising its assets failed in the Court of First Instance on Tuesday evening. Mr Justice Michael Hartmann ruled that the HA could now sell its car parks and shops to a third party. This means the controversial Link-REIT public offering - which has attracted $480 billion in cash - can go ahead on Thursday, local media reported. The two tenants had applied last week for a judicial review of the Link-REIT offering. Justice Hartmann agreed to a 'rolled up' hearing. This means the court hears both the application for a judicial review and the actual judicial review at the same time. The court has allowed a lawsuit against the privatisation plans to go ahead, despite ruling against the judicial review. Justice Hartmann said he needed time to write out his judgment in detail. This would be available by Wednesday morning. Public housing tenants said they would decide whether to file an appeal after reading it on Wednesday. An HA spokesman told local media it welcomed the court ruling. It would decide whether to list the Link-REIT as scheduled when it learns whether the tenants intend appealing. Earlier in court, counsel for the government Daniel Fung Wah-kin argued that divestment of HA assets was reasonable and lawful. Mr Fung said the two housing tenants were not challenging the legality of the Link Reit listing. They were only worried that the sales would cause inconvenience, he explained. He stressed that public housing tenants could continue to enjoy public facilities after privatisation of the assets - as stated in the Link-REIT listing prospectus. Responding to a claim that the HA has a responsibility to offer its tenants shopping centres and car park facilities, Mr Fung said about 50 public housing estates, now under construction, did not have such facilities.