NEW Territories villagers whose homes were destroyed during the typhoon last month accused the Government of stripping them of the right to money from the emergency relief fund. They said they had not been told of the scheme and thus missed the October 6 deadline for applications. Fifty villagers petitioned the North District Office yesterday, with some demanding the reopening of applications and others asking for more money. About 700 villagers applied to the North District Office for the $1.5 million relief fund. Payments were between $500 and $5,000, depending on financial background and damage to homes. The flood destroyed almost one-third of Hong Kong's farmland. United Democrat legislator the Reverend Fung Chi-wood, who led the petition, said each affected villager should be given $5,000. ''It is not fair . . . All of them are victims of the flood and should be treated the same,'' Mr Fung said. He said some did not apply for the grants because they had not been informed. ''I believe the Government should reopen applications,'' he said. A City and New Territories Administration spokesman said it had no plans to reopen applications and suggested needy villagers seek help from the Social Welfare Department. ''We announced the relief grants through the media and rural committees. And the application was between September 26 and October 6. The residents should have had enough time to apply,'' said the spokesman. The Agriculture and Fisheries Department said emergency relief grants totalling $2.4 million had been released to about 2,000 farmers and fishermen.They were given up to $3,200 each.