Teen pair kept apart by parents attempt suicide A 15-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl were recovering in hospital last night after an apparent suicide bid because their parents would not let them date each other. They swallowed more than 20 sleeping tablets each at a Cheung Chau holiday resort. The boy passed out at the island's ferry pier after they checked out. He was flown to Queen Mary Hospital where his condition was stable. The girl was being treated at a hospital on Cheung Chau. Meanwhile, a woman in her 20s survived after plunging from a residential block and landing on a car in A Kung Ngam Road in Shau Kei Wan. She was taken conscious to Eastern Hospital. tourist arrivals up but fewer mainlanders Tourist arrivals for January reached a record 1.89 million, up 8.3 per cent on the same month last year. Forty per cent of arrivals were business-related, with strong growth across the Australasian, European and American markets. But mainland arrivals fell 4.5 per cent to 1.06 million because the Lunar New Year fell in February. driver in head-on crash refuses breath test A car and taxi burst into flames after a head-on crash on a flyover in Tsim Sha Tsui East. The 46-year-old driver of the car was arrested after refusing to give a breath sample. He was treated for minor injuries and released on $5,000 bail. The accident happened on the Hunghom Bypass flyover outside the Nikko Hotel at 1am. The taxi driver was in stable condition in hospital. Man robbed in McDonald's Three men attacked a man in the toilet of a McDonald's restaurant in Quarry Bay and robbed him of more than $100,000 worth of artificial jewellery stones at about 6pm. The man suffered head injuries and was taken to hospital semi-concious. sightseer dies on Peak An American tourist suffered a heart attack and died during a sightseeing trip at The Peak with his wife and two sons. yesterday. The 50-year-old man fainted outside the Peak Galleria in Peak Road at about 1pm. washing machine ignites A fire broke out in a Sheung Wan flat early in the morning after a 15-year-old washing machine caught fire. A female tenant put the fire out before firefighters arrived at the Bonham Strand flat. No one was injured.